Ashley Madekwe to Depart 'Revenge' in Third Season
The actress, who's been a regular since the pilot, will only appear in the first episode.
Revenge continues to make changes on camera and behind the scenes.
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that actress Ashley Madekwe is departing the series after being a regular for the first two seasons. She joins Connor Paolo, whose character was killed off in the sophomore finale, as the second castmember to leave amid big changes to the production team.
Creator and showrunner Mike Kelley and producing partner Melissa Loy left the series at the conclusion of the recent season. Executive producer Sunil Nayar is taking lead on the ABC soap, which drew criticism for its sophomore storylines and and saw a ratings dip in its move to Sunday.
Though Madekwe's option was not picked up for storyline purposes, she will return to Revenge for the third-season premiere.
Madekwe's other TV credits include BBC America's Bedlam and Showtime's Secret Diary of a Call Girl.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR