Ashton Kutcher Takes a Bow at First 'Men' Taping (Pic)
The actor completed his first episode of the CBS sitcom Friday.
Ashton Kutcher wrapped taping of his first episode as the new star of Two and a Half Men on Friday.
He took a bow with fellow cast members Marin Hinkle, Jon Cryer, Holland Taylor, Conchata Ferrell, and a slimmed down Angus T. Jones at the end of the night dressed in character in a t-shirt, pants and red flip-flops.
It was revealed earlier this week that Kutcher's character is a broken-hearted Internet billionaire named Walden Schmidt.
CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler said during the network's Television Critics Association press tour presentation that the role "is a unique character" for "the talented, funny and gifted actor."
Taking a bit of a potshot at Charlie Sheen, who was fired from the series in March, Tassler said, "We have an extraordinary actor in Ashton Kutcher. You have someone who is committed to doing their job and is incredibly professional."
The new season of Two and a Half Men reportedly begins with the funeral of Sheen's playboy character Charlie Harper. The episode will air on Sept. 19.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)