NBC Releases Full 'Awake' Pilot Two Weeks Before Premiere (Video)
The Jason Isaacs drama premieres Thursday, March 1 at 10 p.m.
In an effort to raise awareness, NBC has released the full pilot of midseason entry Awake two weeks before the drama is set to debut.
This comes one day after the network put out the first seven minutes of the Jason Isaacs-led show, created by Kyle Killen (Lone Star) and also executive produced by Howard Gordon (24, Homeland).
A similar tactic was used for Smash, which premiered Feb. 6 to 11.4 million total viewers and a 3.8 rating following The Voice. NBC released the first episode for the "making of a Broadway musical" show beginning Jan. 16 via digital platforms, three weeks before it launched. The network also screened the pilot in select cities.
Awake makes its way to the small screen Thursday, March 1 at 10 p.m., taking over the slot previously occupied by Prime Suspect and The Firm, the latter now airing on Saturdays.
Awake centers on police detective Michael Britten (Isaacs) who finds himself living in two realities after a brutal car accident, one where his wife Hannah (Laura Allen) is alive and the other where his son Rex (Dylan Minnette) is.
Watch the full pilot below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR