'Awkward' Adds Anthony Michael Hall, 'Glee's' Nolan Funk for Season 3
They'll recur on the supersized MTV dramedy as a teacher and new student.
Awkward's supersized third season is adding two new recurring players.
Breakfast Club alum Anthony Michael Hall and new Glee player Nolan Funk have been tapped to join the cast of the MTV critical darling, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
On the breakout hit from creator Lauren Iungerich about a girl navigating the insanity of life and love in high school as she juggles her home life, Hall will play Mr. Hart, a sadistic creative writing teacher that pushes the students out of their comfort zones. There's a method to his madness, however, making his role integral to the 20-episode third season.
Glee newcomer Funk, who recurs as the evil new head of the Warblers on the Fox musical, will play Collin James, a confident new prep school transfer to Palos Hills.
Hall, repped by Innovative Artists and MBST Management, is a former Brat Packer, whose credits include 16 Candles andThe Breakfast Club, and joins the series that is often compared to the John Hughes cult favorites.
Funk, whose credits include House at the End of the Street, is repped by Gersh and Play Management.
MTV renewed Awkward for a third season of 20 episodes, nearly double its first and second runs, in July. A return date has not yet been announced.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR