'Awkward' Gets Early Season 4 Back Order at MTV
The additional 10-episode pickup comes as new showrunners Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler will take over the comedy next season.
MTV is giving an early vote of confidence to its new Awkward showrunners.
The cable network has given an early 10-episode back order for the comedy's upcoming fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler will take over the Lauren Iungerich comedy as co-showrunners starting with season four. The duo were tapped to lead the Ashley Rickards series in August, when the network announced the fourth-season pickup. The 10-episode back order brings next season to 20 episodes -- the same supersized run that season three received.
The news comes as Awkward continues to be a ratings and critical hit for the Viacom-owned cable network. Iungerich parted ways with the series she created in June following a mutual decision with the network. Iungerich completed production on season three, which wraps its run in December.
In addition to Awkward, MTV has the fourth season of Teen Wolf and aftershow Wolf Talk set for next year. Both scripted series will be joined by new comedies Happyland and Faking It as the network expands its rosters of originals under programming president Susanne Daniels.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack