'Awkward's' Beau Mirchoff on Matty and Jenna's Romance Troubles (Video)
"He's not threatening to Matty right away," Mirchoff tells THR of new addition Collin, played by "Glee's" Nolan Funk.
It's not easy to be in a high school relationship as one of Awkward's main couples, Jenna and Matty, are finding out.
Following last week's episode, which shed more light on Matty's home life and had Jenna's beau move in to the Hamilton household (tempoarily), another person will prove to be problematic -- and he comes in the form of new Palos Hills High School transfer Collin (Glee's Nolan Funk).
"He's different. He's an intellect … and he's very well-dressed," MIrchoff says of Collin in a recent visit to THR's Cover Lounge.
At first, things are well and good between Matty, Jenna and Collin. But as always, things may turn on a dime.
"He's not threatening to Matty right away," Mirchoff says. "[Matty]'s actually glad that Jenna's found a new friend and someone with similar interests to her too. He's all for that relationship at first."
He adds: "Matty meets him and at a party and they hit it off. They become friends. But I don't know if that'll maintain through the rest of the season. For now, they're chummy."
Are you looking forward to the triangle?
Awkward airs at 10 p.m. Tuesdays on MTV.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR