11:10am PT by Rebecca Ford
'Bachelor' Sean Lowe on What He Learned From Watching Himself on TV (Video)
We’ve learned a lot about Bachelor star Sean Lowe while watching him try to find love for the past several months. We’ve seen him without a shirt dozens of times, watched him kiss all the ladies and witnessed him break a few hearts.
But there’s much more to this man than a fit physique and a good sense of humor. So just days before the finale episode, The Hollywood Reporter sat down with this season’s hunk and grilled him on some of our burning questions.
Here are eight things we learned about Sean:
1. Sean has become known as the “shirtless Bachelor,” with his bulging biceps getting plenty of screen time. But how often does he really hang out without a shirt?
“I never don’t wear a shirt!” he says. “It’s funny because I’m the shirtless Bachelor and that’s how everyone knows me. But at home, I’m always wearing a shirt. I work out with a shirt on, I jog with a shirt on. It’s ridiculous that I’m the shirtless Bachelor.”
2. Sean says the cause of the most disturbing comments he's gotten on Twitter stemmed from when he sent fan favorite Desiree home. "People latch on to their favorite contestants, and then I'm just a horrible person if I send them home," he says.
3. Sean spent plenty of time in front of the cameras, but he tells THR that one of his new secret talents didn’t make it on air.
“All season long, just for fun, I decided I wanted to learn how to walk on my hands, and I got pretty good at the end of the season,” he reveals.
4. While the Dallas businessman has spent months with beautiful women fighting for his attention, THR had to find out what starlet he wouldn’t mind meeting.
His celebrity crush? Mila Kunis. “There’s just something about her,” he says.
We should have guessed that one. Sean has been known for his goofy sense of humor and love of pranks, and according to a video interview Kunis recently did for Oz the Great and Powerful, she’s a beauty with a sense of humor.
5. While he does watch his season of The Bachelor, Sean says he doesn’t watch a lot of other reality TV -- just Sportscenter and “everything that comes on HBO.”
6. Sean says his bad habit that he wouldn't want his significant other to know about is his strict adherence to a schedule.
"I don't know if this significant other is really aware of how strict that routine is," he tells THR.
7. The most surprising thing that Sean learned from watching himself on TV is how often he says "I'm crazy about you,"
"When you can't say 'I love you,' you have to come up with other things, and apparently the only thing I could come up with is, 'I'm crazy about you,' " he says.
8. THR asked Sean about his dancing abilities because reports have surfaced that the Bachelor star could be a surprise addition to the upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars. While he told us he likes to dance, he was careful with his answer about possibly appearing on ABC's dancing competition.
“Hypothetically, I don’t know,” he says with a laugh. “Dancing seems like it would be a huge challenge -- the ballroom dancing all that stuff. I don’t know if I’m willing to take that big leap yet.”
Watch the video above to hear all of Sean's answers.
The two-hour finale of The Bachelor begins at 8 p.m. Monday on ABC, followed by the live “After the Final Rose” special.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford