'Bachelor' Host Responds to Juan Pablo Galavis' Anti-Gay Remarks, 'View' Rumors
Chris Harrison tells THR he's "disappointed" in the current "Bachelor" star's recent statements.
Chris Harrison says he's "disappointed" in the comments that current Bachelor star Juan Pablo Galavis made recently against homosexuals.
Last weekend, an interview with Galavis surfaced in which he referred to gay people as "more pervert." Galavis has since apologized, blaming the fact that English is his second language and "sometimes I use the wrong words to express myself." He also met with GLAAD representatives and plans to meet with LGBT Latinos and families.
On Sunday, ahead of the live telecast of the nuptials between Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici, Harrison shared his own take on Galavis' comments with The Hollywood Reporter.
"I took a long time to think about it," he said. "I was disappointed in his comments, and they obviously don't reflect my feelings or my thoughts on the subject."
Harrison added that he hadn't yet had a chance to speak with Galavis about his remarks.
"But you have to respect his freedom to say or do whatever he wants," he added.
Meanwhile, rumors surfaced last week that Harrison is being eyed to join ABC's daytime talk show The View. Harrison recently served as a guest co-host on the show, but declined to confirm or deny whether any talks are in progress.
"I went out there for a week and had a wonderful time," he said. "It was a great experience. I love live TV, and if I had the opportunity to do a live show like that, I would love it."
Still, he has no plans to leave The Bachelor franchise.
"I love my day job too -- I guess this is my night job," he quipped. "I love my night job, and this is my baby. I've been on this show for 12 years, and we're a huge family on and off camera. But if I could slip something else in and make it work, something like The View, I'd be honored to do it."
The Bachelor Wedding airs live at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday (tape-delayed on the West Coast).