'The Bachelorette:' Ashley Hebert: I Was 'Cringing' Each Time Bentley's Name Was Mentioned
She was still hung up on the guy who called her an ugly duckling and dumped her on Monday's episode.
Ashley Hebert still isn't over Bentley, who quit the show June 6 after calling her an ugly duckling and admitted feelings for Emily Maynard.
"I thought I would finally be able to watch an episode without hearing the name Bentley, but was I wrong. I caught myself cringing each time his name was mentioned," she writes in her People.com blog.
On the show, she admitted, "I'm really scared to open myself up to someone who might be another Bentley."
"I look back at the beginning of this week in Phuket, and remember how I was still thinking about his departure. However, at the end of this week, I found myself being able to see the difference between real, genuine relationships and the one I had with Bentley," added Hebert, who still had 12 admirers.
"When I first met Constantine, I was blown away: he was exactly the type of man I was looking for, and the floss on my finger was a standout moment for me the first night. I was ready for this date with him," she says.
"At this point, I started to see the guys in a completely different light, especially Ben F. He took it upon himself to paint a mural for the children and was a standout guy in terms of interacting with the children. It really melted my heart, and I feel like this helped solidify my feelings for him."
She ended up sending West home. Before the rose ceremony, she told host Chris Harrison, "I'm still a little bit hung up and I wonder what could have been. In such a short amount of time, I felt so strongly about him -- [it was] like a women's intuition. I don't know if I'll ever get to the bottom of it."
In reflecting on the week, Hebert writes, "The most important lesson I took away is that the best type of love starts off with a slow burn, and eventually turns into something much brighter than a spark ever could."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera