'The Bachelorette' Finale: Emily Maynard Picks Her Man
After Jef and Arie met the single mom’s family, she accepted the proposal from one man.
On The Bachelorette, it’s been a season of highs and lows, with Emily Maynard traveling around the world to find herself a husband and a father for her young daughter.
The single mom has been fiercely searching for The One, weeding out some bad eggs along the way, including a man who called her child “baggage,” and another who was looking for a “trophy wife.”
[Warning: Spoilers if you haven’t watched Sunday’s finale.]
From 25 men, Maynard whittled it down to her final two: Arie and Jef. On Sunday’s finale, Maynard chose Jef, who proposed in Curacao, and she accepted.
Emily’s journey with Jef, 27, moved at a slower pace than some of the other men. From the moment he rolled in on that skateboard, however, Emily has had a soft spot for the young entrepreneur.
He won over her heart when he read a sweet letter her had written about her after their hometown date.
“I love so many things about Jef,” he said after that date. “I love that he is so humble, but still confident and kind of cocky, which is such a contradiction, but it feels perfect inside my heart, and that’s what really matters to me. Perfect.”
Arie, a racecar driver with a great sense of humor and a sweet personality, was turned down by Emily in the finale. Emily had emphasized her physical attraction towards Arie since the very beginning. She was so attracted to him during the fantasy suites date that she didn’t invite him back to her room because she was worried about not being able to control herself.
Emily even forgave Arie for “forgetting” to tell her that he had once dated a producer on the show.
“When I think about what my life would look like with Arie, I know before anything else, that I would be with someone that would just adore me, forever, and that would just always make me feel so good about myself,” Emily once said of the professional race car driver.
The finale of The Bachelorette was followed by a life “After the Final Rose” special on ABC.
What did you think of the finale? Sound off in the comments section below.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
- Judd Apatow Reveals His Penis Rule and Talks About 'Girls' Sex Scenes Banned by HBO
- New Photos From Kurt Cobain Suicide Released by Seattle Police
- Multiple 'Game of Thrones' Movies Eyed by George R.R. Martin
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Elizabeth Olsen & Aaron Taylor-Johnson: Back in Action As Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver for 'Avengers 2'!
- Emma Stone, Andrew Garfield, & Jamie Foxx Are a Super Trio at 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Beijing Photo Call!
- Why Does the Internet Think Kanye West is a Vampire?
- AnnaSophia Robb & Lindsay Ellington Are Living In Style By Mixing Black & White!