Next 'Bachelorette' Is Desiree Hartsock
The fan-favorite was revealed as the next star of the ABC reality series during Monday’s “After the Final Rose.”
With the conclusion of Sean Lowe’s season of The Bachelor, fans of the franchise have been eager to find out who would be the next star of The Bachelorette.
At the “After the Final Rose” special following the two-hour Bachelor finale, it was announced that the next Bachelorette will be Desiree Hartsock.
"I just feel so thankful and so grateful," she told host Chris Harrison during the live special. She even got a little teary-eyed while speaking.
Desiree was a fan-favorite on Sean’s season of The Bachelor. The bridal stylist’s bubbly personality and good attitude quickly won over fans early on in the season. However, she was sent home after the hometown visits episode, when her brother grilled Sean and accused him of being disingenuous.
The Hollywood Reporter recently asked Desiree about the possibility of her becoming the next Bachelorette.
“It’s something that I would have to think about if offered the opportunity. It’s definitely something I believe in – I believe in the experience and I know firsthand that my feelings were real,” she says. “I think that if you really, truly want it to work, it will work.”
Harrison recently told THR that the decision is always a tough one and that producers had debated between Lowe and Arie Luyendyk Jr. for this season “until the last minute.”
“People give us way too much credit for these decisions, thinking they’re made months ago,” he says. “Trust me, they’re not.”
Desiree’s season of The Bachelorette will premiere on May 20.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Chris Evans & Emily VanCamp Premiere 'Captain America: Winter Soldier' in Hollywood!
- Vanessa Hudgens Channels Yoko Ono at Alessandra Ambrosio's Fashion Line Launch!
- Who Went Home on 'American Idol' Tonight? Top 10 Revealed!
- Scarlett Johansson Debuts Pregnant Body in Lace Dress at 'Captain America 2' Premiere!