'The Bachelorette': 10 Most Ridiculous Quotes From the 'Men Tell All' Special
Emily Maynard's former suitors reunite to face the single mother one more time.
The Bachelorette’s “Men Tell All” special brought back the 23 men who Emily Maynard cast aside in her search for love.
While Emily will choose between Arie and Jef in the finale on Sunday, this week was all about letting the brokenhearted men share their feelings and argue with each other.
Among the many memorable contestants who returned for the "Men Tell All" special was the man who wanted a trophy wife, Ryan; the man who thinks children are baggage, Kalon; and the sweetheart who just wasn’t right for her, Sean.
After a chat between Emily and Chris Harrison, and a preview of the upcoming season of The Bachelor Pad, the special really got down to business, which was when the best one-liners found their way on to the show.
Here are 10 of the best quotes from the "Men Tell All" special:
1. “This was Emily’s season, not your season.” – Chris
The argument about age vs. maturity showed up early in the show. Chris, 25, was offended by the idea that a younger man isn’t as mature…again. When Ryan tried to talk to him about it, Chris threw this zinger in the often-overconfident guy’s face.
2. “Out of all the things that came out of my mouth, I really didn’t think that was the most offensive.” – Kalon
The helicopter-riding Kalon was first in the hot seat. When Harrison asked about his comments, he admitted that calling Emily’s daughter “baggage” was the most offensive.
3. “For some reason, everybody in America likes things to be sugarcoated.” – Kalon
While in the hot seat, Kalon said he doesn’t have a filter and that’s why he looks so bad on TV. He didn’t seem able to understand why anyone would censor what they say.
4. “Is there room and possibility that you might just be an arrogant ass?” – Chris Harrison
The host asked this question to Ryan, who comes off a bit arrogant on the show, but claimed that it’s confidence, not arrogance. “There were times in my life when I really doubted my abilities,” he told the audience, claiming that he has gotten over this doubt to become the person he is today.
5. “I want to speak for ABC and just put everybody’s minds at ease – not going to happen.” – Chris Harrison
After Ryan is called out for telling several men in the house that he would be interested in being the next Bachelor, Harrison took a moment to clear up the idea. Looks like the confident, handsome Ryan won’t be appearing on the ABC dating show anytime soon.
6. “I’ve never had the breakup talk and my first kiss with someone in one conversation.” – Emily
When Emily arrived on stage, Harrison began to talk to her about her most memorable moments, one of those being when Doug kissed her while she was trying to break up with him. Emily tried to make light of it, and Doug seemed pretty OK about the whole thing.
7. “I could be engaged to Kalon right now, so thank god for Doug.” – Emily
While Emily and Doug didn’t work out, she was grateful to him for telling her about Kalon’s “baggage” comment. This was just the first of several slams directed at Kalon.
8. “And you, my dear, should be a politician because that’s the biggest load of bullshit I’ve ever heard.” -- Emily
Maynard wasn’t about the accept Kalon’s half-hearted apology. She called him out big time, saying that just a couple days ago he had made a “baggage” joke at her expense on Twitter. So, obviously, he wasn’t really sorry for his remarks.
9. “I just hope that you find faith in something bigger than your Prada shoes and your rented helicopter.” -- Emily
Maynard threw out one more zinger at Kalon near the end of their talk. She’s a firecracker, and not afraid to show it.
10. “I will be sweet-talking my wife every day of my life. 100 percent. Chase her around the kitchen, with a spoon.” – Ryan
Emily explained why she fell for Ryan, saying that “every girl” has that one guy. Emily said Ryan was a sweet-talker, which Ryan agreed with. We're not sure why he plans on chasing his future wife around with a spoon. Must be something they do in Augusta.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR