'Bachelorette' Contestant Says He Was 'Shocked' by Emily's Decision (Video)
"Never once did I think I wouldn’t receive a rose," Sean Lowe tells THR.
On Monday’s episode of The Bachelorette, Emily Maynard took her final three suitors – Arie, Jef and Sean – to Curacao for some fun in the sun and some heartbreak in the sand.
[Warning: Spoilers ahead if you haven’t watched Monday’s episode.]
The heartbreak went to Sean Lowe, who was sent home at the rose ceremony. The nice-guy insurance salesman from Texas, spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about Emily’s decision and how he’s doing now.
“I was shocked,” Lowe tells THR. “I had the first date of the week. The rest of the week I spent just hanging out on the beach waiting for the rose ceremony. That whole time I was thinking about our life together, and how I was going to be a father.”
Lowe, who played a practical joke on Emily during the hometown dates by convincing her that he still lived at home with his parents, has been known for his positive attitude and sweet personality on the show.
“I knew in my mind it was a done deal—I’m gonna marry this woman. Never once did I think I wouldn’t receive a rose,” he says.
But he didn’t receive a rose on Monday's episode. When Emily walked him out to the limo, Sean told her that he felt "stupid" for assuming that there was no way he would be going home that night.
Lowe tells THR that the first few weeks after he was sent home to Dallas were difficult, especially because he felt he didn’t get enough closure on the show.
“But after several weeks, I realized that my wife is not going to have any doubts that I’m the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with. Emily obviously had doubts, and that’s OK,” he says.
Lowe, who says it won’t take “much longer” to get over Emily, adds that he wishes her the best in her search for love.
“I certainly still have a lot of strong feelings for her, and I care for her, and part of that means I want the best for her, and hopefully whether it’s Arie or Jef, she’s very happy,” she says.
Lowe will get to see Emily once more at the “Men Tell All” special, which airs on Monday, July 16.
“I think I’m at the point of my life where I can move on and hopefully find Mrs. Right sooner rather than later,” he adds.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Maya Angelou Shares The Advice She'd Give Her Younger Self (VIDEO)
- Red Carpet Protesters Ask For Yearly Wages That Add Up To At Least One Oscar Gown
- Kristen Ellis-Henderson and Cathy Henderson of Antigone Rising Talk New EP Supporting LGBT Rights (AUDIO)
- Oscar Winners Should Learn From Joe Pesci & Alfred Hitchcock
- Lupita Nyong'o & Helen Mirren Show Admiration For Each Other at Women In Film Pre-Oscar Party!
- Chris Brown Diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder & PTSD; Staying in Rehab For 2 More Months
- Shailene Woodley & Theo James Capture the Cameras at ICG Publicists Awards with Star Appeal!
- Nicole Beharie & Xosha Roquemore: Essence Luncheon 2014!