'The Bachelorette's' Emily Maynard Thanks Fans After Brad Womack Split Episode Airs
She also promises she's "going through my thesaurus to find different words for, 'ya know’” after getting called out for overusing the phrase.
On Monday night's Bachelorette, Emily Maynard finally admitted what many fans of the ABC show already knew: she had called off her engagement to Brad Womack. The two were set to wed after last season's finale of The Bachelor.
The tearful single mom said on The Bachelorette Monday that Womack will "always be a huge part of my life" and she'll "always be in love with Brad" but that there were "red flags" about their relationship (which she did not specify).
Viewers immediately took to Twitter to react to the news, including some nasty comments ("So Emily is talking about how "nobody prepares you for this" Has she lived under a rock for the past 10 yrs of the #bachelor #bachelorette?") and some supportive ("This interview with Emily is so heartbreaking. I wanted Barbie and Ken to work out.").
Maynard thanked those who were on her side Monday after the episode aired.
"Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all of the supportive comments. They mean more to me than you know. xo" she wrote on Twitter.
And she also made another promise: To stop using "you know." Several Twitter followers slammed her for saying the phrase over and over, including one who wrote, "Watching Emily from The Bachelor on The Bachelorette. So far she has said 'you know' 19 times! Maybe think about a class in public speaking?"
Tweeted Maynard: "BTW, I'm going through my thesaurus to find different words for 'ya know.' That is a nervous habit I definitely need to break. yikes."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)