Barbara Walters Shuts Down George Zimmerman on 'The View' After Nixing Interview (Video)
The journalist balked at the Florida man's demands, then refused to allow his call on her daytime talk show.
George Zimmerman was not getting a second chance from Barbara Walters.
In what has become a story itself, the View co-host was said to have rejected Zimmerman's request for compensation for sitting down for an interview: a month-long, paid-for hotel stay while he is out on $1 million bail before his trial for the killing of 17-year old Trayvon Martin.
Zimmerman, who did sit for an interview Wednesday night with Fox News' Sean Hannity -- who has been historically sympathetic to Zimmerman and has interviewed him already -- then called into The View on Wednesday morning, in hopes of getting on the air after all. His lawyer, Mark O'Mara, called as well. No dice for either of them.
"With all due respect to Mr. O'Mara and Mr. Zimmerman," Walters said, "if he could not do the interview, I think we should not do one today. In the future, if you feel differently, we can consider it."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)