Barbara Walters Gets Chicken Pox
The broadcast icon, who fell and hit her head over Inauguration weekend, is recovering in the hospital.
Barbara Walters is recovering in the hospital from a bout of chicken pox, Whoopi Goldberg announced Monday on The View.
Walters, the creator of the ABC daytime show, first entered treatment Jan. 19 after she lost her footing and fell on a stair at the Washington, D.C. home of British ambassador Sir Peter Westmacott while in town to cover President Barack Obama's inauguration.
"We want to give you an update on Barbara," Goldberg said of the broadcast legend. "You all know that she fell and cut her head 10 days ago, and then was running a temperature, but it turns out it is all the result of a delayed childhood. Barbara has the chicken pox. She'd never had it as a child. So now she's been told to rest, she's not allowed any visitors. and we're telling you, Barbara, no scratching."
Walters, 83, has since moved to a New York City hospital for recovery. "We love you. We miss you. We just don't want to hug you," Goldberg added.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR