Bart Simpson Appears Before Mr. Burns in British Court
A man named Barton Simpson stood trial in a firearms case that raised plenty of eyebrows.
Bart Simpson finally might pay for his 25 years of pranks. Kinda sorta.
A man from Eccleshall, England, with the same name as the famed cartoon troublemaker is facing a trial for bringing a firearm to a Birmingham airport last year. The judge in his case? None other than one Mr. Burns.
As detailed in a British news publication, the judge's full name is Recorder Burns, not Montgomery, the name of the maniacal billionaire in The Simpsons. Still, the pairing did make waves.
"It’s a bizarre coincidence that Bart Simpson is actually on trial in front of Mr. Burns, but it’ll proceed as any other criminal case would," a court source said.
Simpson was arrested for possessing an antique .38 Smith & Wesson revolver. He has pleaded not guilty.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR