'Bates Motel' Trailer Teases Romance, Murder and a Hint of Incest (Video)
In the "Psycho" prequel from "Lost's" Carlton Cuse, Freddie Highmore and Vera Farmiga star as Norma and Norman Bates
A&E has pulled back the curtain on its upcoming Bates Motel, offering the first trailer of the Psycho prequel Friday.
In the two-and-a-half-minute trailer, mother and son attempt to start over from a mysterious tragedy when they set up shop and open the creeptastic Bates Motel.
In what the cast dubs as an "incredible reimagining" of the Alfred Hitchcock thriller, Norma (Oscar nominee Vera Farmiga) reveals she has no problem undressing in front of her teenage son Norman (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Freddie Highmore), who must also navigate seemingly inappropriate feelings for a teacher and maybe a classmate or two at his new high school.
Underneath the picturesque town is something dark and malevolent, showrunner Carlton Cuse (Lost) says of what's to come in the drama.
The cast also includes Lost alum Nestor Carbonell as a local sheriff, Pan Am's Mike Vogel as his handsome deputy and Kit Kittredge: An American Girl's Max Thieriot as Norman's older brother, Dylan Bates.
Check out the trailer and hit the comments with your thoughts. Bates Motel will premiere in March. Also, head over to the series' Facebook page through Jan. 3 to submit ideas for the show's opening credits. Cuse will judge and ultimately select the winner that best represents the mood, tone and overall feel of the series.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR