'Bates Motel' First Look: Freddie Highmore and Vera Farmiga in A&E's 'Psycho' Prequel (Photo)
They play mother and son in the thriller from "Lost's" Carlton Cuse.
Meet the Bates family.
A&E on Tuesday released the first photo of stars Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore as the Bates family from its upcoming Psycho prequel Bates Motel.
In the image below, Farmiga's (Up in the Air) Norma Bates appears as a distant hotel owner as her teen son Norman (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's Highmore) joins his mother in the brush just in front of the eerie property, which the duo move into following the death of Papa Bates.
From Lost's Carlton Cuse and Friday Night Lights' Kerry Ehrin, Bates Motel will explore Norman's relationship with his mother, Norma, and offer a look at his backstory that helped forge the infamous serial killer. The cast includes Max Thieriot as Norman's older brother, Nicola Peltz as Norman's friend and Olivia Cooke as one of his classmates.
Bates Motel, which bypassed the traditional pilot stage and was ordered straight to series, will premiere next year. Check out the image, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts. Are you intrigued?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram