'Battlestar Galactica' Star Katee Sackhoff Lands A&E Pilot
The actress will play a deputy opposite Robert Taylor in “Longmire.”
Katee Sackhoff is suiting up again.
The former Battlestar Galactica actress has been cast in the A&E pilot Longmire, in which she'll play a deputy opposite Robert Taylor's Wyoming sheriff, the cabler confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter on Friday.
From the Shephard/Robin Co. and Warner Horizon Television, the drama will be directed by Greg Yaitanes (House) and written by Hunt Baldwin, John Coveny and Craig Allen Johnson. The latter also wrote the book series on which the pilot is based.
Sackhoff played Capt. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace on Galacitica from 2004 to 2009. Her last series regular role was on the final season of Fox's 24. More recently, she had a multiepisode arc on CBS' CSI.
Also joining the cast are Lou Diamond Phillips (Stargate Universe), Bailey Chase (Saving Grace) and Cassidy Freeman (Smallville).
Sackhoff and Chase are repped by Gersh; Phillips is with Global Artists Agency and Freeman by the Kohner Agency.
The news comes a week after History's David McKillop was named executive vp branding at A&E.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR