'Battlestar Galactica's' Tricia Helfer to Star in ABC's 'Killer Women'
She'll play Molly Parker in the Argentinean remake from executive producer Sofia Vergara.
ABC has found its killer woman.
Battlestar Galactica's Tricia Helfer has been tapped to star in the pilot Killer Women, the network's adaptation of Argentinean drama Mujeres Asesinas, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama centers on Molly Parker, the only woman in the notoriously male Texas Rangers.
Helfer will star as Molly, the ballsy, beautiful badass who knows how to get to the truth and isn't afraid to ruffle a few feathers on her way there. The sheriff's daughter has a doctorate in gender studies as well as a Miss Texas crown from 1992. Handpicked to be one of the two female Texas Rangers, she is a forensic specialist, an interrogation ace and can shoot with deadly precision. Her personal life, meanwhile, is a mess -- as the recently divorced Molly now lives with her older brother Billy and her two rowdy nieces.
The Raven's Hannah Shakespeare will pen the script for ABC Studios, Electus and Latin World Entertainment. Modern Family's Sofia Vergara will executive produce alongside Martin Campbell, who also will direct.
Helfer most recently lent her voice to Disney XD's Tron: Uprising and co-starred on NBC's short-lived The Firm. Her credits also include playing Number Six in Battlestar Galactica. She's repped by Paradigm and Gilbertson Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR