'Bayou Billionaires' Becomes CMT's Most-Watched Original Series (Exclusive Video)
Plus check out a clip from the second episode of the modern-day rags-to-riches story.
CMT had a big Saturday, with the premieres of Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation marking the cable network's highest-rated original series telecasts in history.
The modern-day rags-to-riches story revolving around the Dowden family opened to 724,000 viewers and a 0.72 in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic on Saturday at 9:30 p.m.
Immediately afterward, My Big Redneck Vacation, hosted by Tom Arnold, drew 707,000 viewers in adults 18-49, picking up a 0.7 rating.
The strong numbers come as the country-themed cabler is ramping up its original programming, with new series including Melissa & Tye: A New Reality and I Love Jennie set to bow later this year.
Check out a clip, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, from Saturday's second episode of Bayou Billionaires below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)