BBC America Renews 'Copper' for Second Season
UPDATED: The cable network's first original scripted series, from EPs Barry Levinson and Tom Fontana, will return for a larger order of 13 episodes.
Ahead of Sunday's season finale of Copper, BBC America has ordered a second season of its first original scripted series.
The cable network has upped the order from the first run, planning 13 episodes to air in 2013.
"BBC America's first original scripted series, Copper, has proven to be a perfect fit for the channel," said BBC Worldwide America GM Perry Simon. "Our viewers have made it our highest-rated series premiere ever and highest-rated drama series ever."
Copper's August premiere fetched 1.1 million viewers during its 10 p.m. debut broadcast, the largest debut in network history. The episode went on to deliver 2.75 million viewers in Live+7 data, and its performance over the 10-episode freshman season has rivaled former network heavyweight, British sci-fi import Doctor Who.
Copper, from EPs Barry Levinson and Tom Fontana, who co-created the series set in 1864 New York with Will Rokos, is produced by Cineflix Studios in association with BBC America.
BBC America's second scripted original, Orphan Black, goes into production this month and will debut in 2013. The network's current distribution is just shy of 80 million homes in the U.S..
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)