'Smallville' Reunion: EPs Join CW's 'Beauty and the Beast' (Exclusive)
Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders will reunite with former star Kristin Kreuk and serve as co-showrunners of the first-year drama.
It's a Smallville reunion on The CW's upcoming drama Beauty and the Beast.
Former Smallville showrunners Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders are reuniting with their former co-star, Kristin Kreuk, on the new series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Peterson and Souders will serve as co-showrunners alongside writer/exec producers Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper (Brothers & Sisters) on the series, which is loosely based on the 1980s CBS drama of the same name.
Kreuk starred as Lana Lang on The CW's Superman drama Smallville from 2001-09; Peterson and Souders exec produced the Tom Welling starrer from 2002 through its end in 2011.
The project also continues Petersen and Souders' relationship with The CW, where they most recently served as consulting producers on The Secret Circle, which was canceled last month after its freshman season.
Beauty and the Beast, which stars Kreuk opposite Jay Ryan, launches in the fall at 9 p.m. Thursdays following The Vampire Diaries at 9 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR