'Beauty and the Beast' Recruits 'One Tree Hill' Star for Season 2 (Exclusive)
Paul Johansson has booked a guest spot as an arrogant and powerful mogul.
Beauty and the Beast has added a One Tree Hill baddie.
Paul Johansson, best known for his role on the departed CW drama as Dan Scott, has booked a guest spot in season two, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
On Beauty and the Beast, Johansson will play Kurt, father to Tori (Amber Skye Noyes), and will be introduced in the sixth episode.
Kurt is described as an arrogant and powerful Manhattan business mogul whose career has had a meteoric rise within the last few years. He's become increasingly paranoid as a result of his career ascent, surrounding himself with armed bodyguards and keeping a close eye on his daughter.
Beauty and the Beast kicks off its sophomore run three months after Vincent (Jay Ryan) is captured by Muirfield. When Vincent re-appears, he is a "supercharged" version of himself, Ryan revealed at Comic-Con in July. The first episodes will show how Vincent's disappearance has impacted everybody, with a bigger mythology planned for the season.
Johansson, who guest-starred on CSI and Criminal Minds, has appeared in Atlas Shrugged: Part 1 and The Boondock Saints sequel, with several films in the can.
Beauty and the Beast premieres Oct. 7 on The CW.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR