'Beavis and Butt-Head' Starts Off Well for MTV
The animated comedy "Good Vibes" draws 1.6 million total viewers on a competitive Thursday night.
The return of Beavis and Butt-Head proved fruitful for MTV.
The Mike Judge-created comedy drew in 3.3 million total viewers at 10 p.m. on a highly competitive Thursday night, opposite a thrilling World Series game and other broadcast/cable offerings. The half-hour premiere posted a 2.6 rating among persons 12-34, with over two-thirds of the show's audience belonging in the males 12-34 demo.
Following Beavis and Butt-Head was the debut of animated comedy Good Vibes, which lost half of its lead-in's audience, with 1.6 million viewers. The coming-of-age series, featuring a voice cast of Adam Brody and Josh Gad, follows a transplanted New Jersey boy and his best friend Woodie as they go through life in Play del Toro.
On the social media front, both series -- and Judge -- trended in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)