Ben Flajnik Cast as Next 'Bachelor,' Say Sources
The winemaker from Sonoma, Calif., was the runner-up on Ashley Hebert's season of "The Bachelorette."
It looks like ABC has found its next Bachelor.
Sources said Ben Flajnik, the runner-up on the most recent season of The Bachelorette, has been tapped to star in the next season of ABC's reality show.
The network doesn't comment on casting ahead of official announcements, but Flajnik was rumored to be one of the front-runners since he was rebuffed by Ashley Hebert in the season finale of Bachelorette earlier this month.
Ryan Park and Ames Brown, who also appeared on Hebert's season, also were among the names floated as possible candidates.
Flajnik, 28, is a winemaker from Sonoma, Calif. In the finale, he was seen getting down on one knee to propose to Hebert before she told him she had chosen J.P. Rosenbaum instead. Flajnik was seen departing the show angry over Hebert’s decision rather than resigned to it, as most runner-ups usually react.
After the show ended, tabloids claimed that he went on a date with Jennifer Love Hewitt, who later shot the reports down as "rumors."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram