Canadian Broadcaster Ben Mulroney Joins 'Good Morning America'
The TV journalist will be a contributor at "GMA," but will continue to be based in Toronto, where he anchors a popular entertainment news program on CTV.
Canadian broadcaster Ben Mulroney will join ABC’s Good Morning America as a contributor. The CTV anchor will start this weekend on GMA where he'll fill in on the anchor desk for the vacationing Dan Harris.
Mulroney will split his time between ABC News and CTV in Toronto, where he anchors the popular entertainment news program ETalk.
The announcement was made Wednesday by ABC News president Ben Sherwood.
Mulroney, said Sherwood in making the announcement, “is a terrific broadcaster, quick on his feet, and excels at live television. Ben is a versatile journalist, equally comfortable on the red carpet, covering the Vancouver Winter Games or interviewing Canadian Prime Ministers (5 and counting including his own father, Brian Mulroney).”
Brian Mulroney was the 18th Prime Minister of Canada, serving from 1984-93. Ben Mulroney grew up in Montreal and attended Duke University in North Carolina. He did a stint co-hosting Live! with Kelly Ripa last May. He’ll continue to be based in Toronto.
Mulroney is represented by APA and Octagon Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR