'Bering Sea Gold' Finale Sneak Peek: John Bunce's Death Impacts the Edge's Crew (Exclusive Video)
Captain Zeke Tenhoff faces the end of gold mining season without his friend and fellow dredger.
With winter arriving, the gold mining season is coming to an end on Discovery Channel's Bering Sea Gold.
In Friday's season finale, the dredgers break through Nome's frozen harbor for one last shot at finding treasure.
The Hollywood Reporter has an exclusive clip from the episode, which shows the aftermath on the Edge following dredger John Bunce's suicide (the incident was featured on the March 15 episode). His friend, Captain Zeke Tenhoff, must now salvage the season by himself, noting that he's $250,000 debt related to hospital bills.
Since Bunce's death, Tenhoff and fellow dredger Emily Riedel have become passionate about helping bring awareness to suicide prevention.
Bering Sea Gold is one of Discovery's most-watched series, consistently ranking as the No. 1 cable show in its time slot among men. The season finale airs at 10 p.m. ET/PT Friday.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR