BET's 'Real Husbands,' ' Next Generation Wayans' Top Tuesday Cable
The two new scripted efforts draw more than 11 million viewers combined, with "Husbands" besting even the broadcast networks among adults 18-49 during its time slot.
BET's new sitcoms debuted quite nicely on Tuesday night, topping all of cable and rivaling most broadcast efforts during the 10 p.m. hour.
Real Husbands of Hollywood, Kevin Hart's lampooning of the Real Housewives franchise, pulled 4.1 million viewers in its inaugural 10 p.m. outing. The series beat all cable and network broadcasts in the adults 18-49 demo with a 2.1 rating.
Its 11 p.m. encore also ranked in cable's top 10 for the night, bringing in an additional 2.3 million viewers and a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49.
Second Generation Wayans, the night's other debut, was in a close second in cable viewership and its demo score. The 10:30 p.m. episode pulled 3.5 million viewers and a 1.7 rating with 18-49-ers. Its 11:30 p.m. encore raked in an additional 1.4 million and a 0.6 adults rating.
Real Husbands now stands as the No. 1 new cable sitcom of the season in viewers and the demo. In adults 18-34, it's the third best launch of all time -- behind BET's launch of The Game and the premiere of Let's Stay Together.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR