Zach Galifianakis Meets His Match in Jon Stewart, Tina Fey as 'Between Two Ferns' Jumps to Cable (Video)
The awkward talk show, born on Funny or Die and brought to television for a pre-Comedy Awards special, finds the "Hangover" star in the hot seat.
Accustomed to being in the driver's seat on the Awkward Express that is his ongoing Funny or Die web series Between Two Ferns, Zach Galifianakis met his match in the sharp wit of Jon Stewart and Tina Fey.
The actor and comedian's faux-talk show, which aired ahead of Sunday night's Comedy Awards on Comedy Central, saw Galifianakis conduct interviews with both the Daily Show and 30 Rock star. Two clips from the episode made it online, and the Emmy-winners showed no mercy.
Stewart mocked Galifianakis's acting talent -- yes, he was in the hit Hangover movies, he said, but Stewart insists the success was all about the film's signature tag-along baby and monkey. Fey is even harsher, deconstructing the entire affair.
"There is a level of malice to your whole behavior and questioning style, while kind of humorous, is actually very cowardly," she charged. "It's almost like you're being willfully obtuse in these questions to make some kind of vague point of the fatuous nature of celebrity interviews, which is a pretty well-trod observation. Yes, we all agree, celebrity interviews are vacant and empty, but at the same time, you asked me to come here."
Don't think too hard about it: Given that this was all actually a scripted comedy routine, your head may explode.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10