'Beverly Hills, 90210' Star Joins Cast of Stephen King Miniseries
Jason Priestley will appear on A&E's "Bag of Bones," based on the author's book about a writer trying to recover from his wife's death.
A&E's miniseries, Bag of Bones, is ramping up its cast.
Beverly Hills, 90210 alum Jason Priestley has been cast in the small-screen adaptation of the Stephen King novel, centered on a writer (Pierce Brosnan) trying to recover from his wife's sudden death while staying at their Maine retreat, The Hollywood Reporter confirms. Priestley will play the protagonist's literary agent.
Produced by Sony TV, the four-hour miniseries will air over two nights later this fall. The X-Files vet Annabeth Gish, currently appearing on ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars, co-stars. Mick Garris will direct from a script by Matt Venne. Bag of Bones is being filmed in Nova Scotia, Canada with production already underway.
Priestley has been making the rounds as of late, recently joining Syfy's Haven and guest starring in an upcoming episode on USA Network's Psych.
Entertainment Weekly first reported the news.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)