'Bible' Producers Talk Satan Controversy With Oprah (Video)
"We felt somehow hijacked," by the comparison made of the similarity between the president and the actor who plays the devil, says Roma Downey.
The Bible producer Roma Downey felt her show was "hijacked" after a social-media firestorm ensued in March over the alleged physical similarity between President Obama and the actor who played Satan.
"The night before that broke in the news, Jesus had made his first appearance on the screen and I was so looking forward to Monday and knowing that Jesus would be on the lips of everyone," she told Oprah Winfrey in released excerpts of an interview to be aired Sunday, April 14, on OWN.
Downey added: "For Satan to be the point of conversation was really heartbreaking. ... We love the president, we have nothing but respect for the president. We felt somehow hijacked."
Her husband and Bible co-producer, Mark Burnett, brushed off the controversy, saying, "If you're gonna do what we do for a living, which is stick your neck out there ... it's a free country and you got to accept that."
The conclusion of the miniseries, which aired on Easter Sunday, garnered 11.6 million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing