'Big Bang Theory' Books Regina King for Return Visit
The "Southland" alum will reprise her role as the university's director of human resources.
Southland's Regina King is returning to CBS' The Big Bang Theory.
The network announced Monday that the actress would return to reprise her role as the university's director of human resources in the upcoming seventh season of TV's No. 1 comedy.
King's character was last seen navigating the romantic advances of nearly all the guys -- including Kunal Nayyar's Raj -- as they made a play for tenure.
The season premiere will kick off a few months after Leonard (Johnny Galecki) sets sail on a research voyage for Stephen Hawking and will see Raj exploring his newfound ability to speak with women without the assistance of alcohol.
King most recently headlined ABC drama pilot Divorce: A Love Story, which was passed over in May. TNT canceled Southland earlier this year. She's repped by ICM Partners and John Carrabino.
The casting marks another reunion for the actress with Galecki and showrunner Steve Molaro, with whom she participated in a USO tour last spring.
The Big Bang Theory's seventh season returns at 8 p.m. with back-to-back episodes on Sept. 26 on CBS.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR