'Big Bang Theory' Duo Sell Semi-Autobiographical Comedy to CBS
Loosely based on the life of John Ross Bowie, he'll write and co-executive produce the Sony Pictures Television effort alongside new series regular Kevin Sussman.
CBS is expanding its relationship with The Big Bang Theory's John Ross Bowie and Kevin Sussman.
The network has given script orders to The Second Coming of Rob, a multicamera comedy loosely based on Bowie's life.
Actors Bowie and Sussman will co-executive produce and pen the ensemble comedy revolving around a recent divorcee looking for a do-over on his 20s when he reunites with his college friends after seven years of marital "incarceration."
Peter Principato, Paul Young and Joel Zadak are on board to executive produce, with Jill McGrath producing.
Bowie recurs as Kripke, a nemesis to Jim Parsons' Sheldon, while new series regular Sussman portrays the lovelorn comic book shop owner Stuart on Big Bang.
Second Coming of Rob marks the duo's second stab at development. Last year, Fox picked up a multicamera comedy from the pair dubbed The Ever After Part, about a hip couple who go to extremes to support their ambitious daughter.
That project, like Second Coming, also hailed from Principato-Young, which manages Bowie, and Zadak, Sussman's manager at The Group Entertainment.
Bowie (Retired at 35, Childrens Hospital) is additionally repped by Talent Works; Sussman (Weeds, Childrens Hospital) is also with APA and Felker Toczek.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR