'Big Bang Theory' Locks Up Kevin Sussman for Season 6
The guy behind comic book store owner Stuart has been promoted to series regular but will not be featured in every episode.
CBS' The Big Bang Theory has locked up Kevin Sussman for its upcoming sixth season.
The actor who plays Stuart the comic book store owner has been upped from recurring to series regular, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
While he becomes the comedy's eighth series regular, he'll likely to continue to recur in the same capacity as the lovelorn sad-sack Stuart, appearing in seven to 13 episodes.
He joins series regulars Melissa Rauch and newly minted Emmy nominee Mayim Bialik, who were both promoted after recurring roles, as well as Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kunal Nayyar, Simon Helberg and Kaley Cuoco.
The deal guarantees that Sussman will be available to the show on an as-needed basis. The actor, who has been recurring on the final season of Showtime's Weeds, has dipped his toe into the development pool, teaming with former Big Bang co-star John Ross Bowie (Kripke) for a comedy last year that did not move forward.
The Big Bang Theory returns Thursday, Sept. 27 at 8 p.m. on CBS.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack