'Big Bang Theory' Sets Records With Biggest Episode Ever
Final ratings for Thursday night have the CBS comedy eclipsing previous highs in both total viewers and the adults 18-49 demo.
Final Nielsen returns for Thursday night have The Big Bang Theory breaking two records with its first episode of 2013.
Not only do Live+Same Day returns have the CBS comedy setting an even higher bar for total viewers (19.25 million), the episode topped its record haul among adults 18-49. The 6.1 rating bests Thursday's fast affiliate showing by a tenth of a point. (The 6.0 adults record was set on Feb. 8, 2010, and matched the next month.)
And though a lack of broadcast competition no doubt played some part in the big returns, this has been an especially strong season for the comedy. Big Bang Theory previously set a record with 17.63 million total viewers for its recent Nov. 15 episode.
Through December, the sixth season of Big Bang Theory is averaging a 5.1 rating among adults 18-49 in Live+Same Day and a 7.1 rating with seven days of DVR usage. In total viewers, the numbers are 16.2 million and 20.3 million, respectively.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'