'The Big Bang Theory': 'Switched at Birth' Star to Romance Raj
Katie Leclerc will guest star in the Oct. 6 episode of the CBS comedy.
Switched at Birth star Katie Leclerc has a date witih CBS’ The Big Bang Theory.
The actress will guest star as Emily, a potential love interest for Kunal Nayyar’s Raj Koothrappali, in the upcoming fifth season of the CBS hit.
Leclerc, whose character, much like the role she plays on ABC Family’s Switched at Birth, will be deaf and work well with Raj’s inability to talk to the opposite sex without the assistance of alcohol.
The actress, who is hard of hearing but able to use speech, at age 20 was diagnosed as having Meniere’s disease, a degenerative inner-ear disorder.
Penny (Kaley Cuoco) will bring the two together, setting the pair up on a date during the episode scheduled to air Oct. 6.
Leclerc is repped by Stage 9 Talent and Luber Roklin Entertainment.
The Big Bang Theory’s fifth season premieres Thursday, Sept. 22 on CBS. Switched at Birth returns to ABC Family in January.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR