'The Big Bang Theory': 'Switched at Birth' Star to Romance Raj
Katie Leclerc will guest star in the Oct. 6 episode of the CBS comedy.
Switched at Birth star Katie Leclerc has a date witih CBS’ The Big Bang Theory.
The actress will guest star as Emily, a potential love interest for Kunal Nayyar’s Raj Koothrappali, in the upcoming fifth season of the CBS hit.
Leclerc, whose character, much like the role she plays on ABC Family’s Switched at Birth, will be deaf and work well with Raj’s inability to talk to the opposite sex without the assistance of alcohol.
The actress, who is hard of hearing but able to use speech, at age 20 was diagnosed as having Meniere’s disease, a degenerative inner-ear disorder.
Penny (Kaley Cuoco) will bring the two together, setting the pair up on a date during the episode scheduled to air Oct. 6.
Leclerc is repped by Stage 9 Talent and Luber Roklin Entertainment.
The Big Bang Theory’s fifth season premieres Thursday, Sept. 22 on CBS. Switched at Birth returns to ABC Family in January.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)