'Big Brother 14' Announces Another Big Twist
Host Julie Chen announced "America's Vote," which allows viewers to pick whether the four coaches can decide whether to enter the game with the other houseguests to compete for the $500,000 grand prize.
[Warning: Major spoilers ahead.]
Big Brother just got a tad more interesting.
"Expect the unexpected" has been the motto for CBS' summer reality staple throughout the series' history and Thursday was no different: Host Julie Chen announced to viewers that the four coaches (veterans of the Big Brother game) may have the chance to compete for the $500,000 grand prize, giving up their current mentoring duties and the $100,000 take they're eyeing if they do so.
Through "America's Vote," viewers can change the game by deciding whether the coaches can have the choice to join the other houseguests to compete for the $500,000 prize. The results will be announced next Thursday during the live eviction.
Chen teased the announcement about two hours before the live show was set to take place, tweeting: "Hey #BB14 fans! I'm announcing a BIG game-changing twist on 2nite’s LIVE show. Who do you think is going home? See you at 9pm." (Coaches and houseguests were already speculating about the twist days ago.)
Big Brother long has been known to change things up from season to season. In last year's 13th installment, the show's theme was "Dynamic Duos," combining previous competitors in the game with new houseguests. This summer, Big Brother brought back four veterans -- Janelle Pierzina (season six, season seven), Dan Gheesling (season 10 winner), Mike "Boogie" Malin (season two, season seven winner) and Britney Haynes (season 12) -- to serve as coaches and compete separately for a $100,000 prize.
For Gheesling and Haynes, who are each down to one player, if America votes to give the coaches the option to re-enter the game, it makes most sense for them to do so. From an entertainment standpoint, the choice is easy.
What do you think of "America's Vote" and do you want the coaches to enter the game? Which coach do you think would be the biggest threat? Whose game would be affected the most if the coaches re-enter?
Big Brother, which evicted Jojo from the house and crowned Shane the new Head of Household (HOH), airs Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!