'The Big C': Cathy Gets Angry in Season 2 (Video)
Anger will be the central theme in the Showtime series.
Showtime's dark comedy The Big C returns Monday for its second season and Cathy Jamison (Laura Linney) has shifted from denying her cancer diagnosis to getting angry.
"There are going to be a lot of twists and turns this year," showrunner Jenny Bicks told The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday. "There's going to be a lot of deepening of who these characters are and what they mean to each other."
The season will see Cathy get fed up as she shifts from denial into anger in dealing with her cancer prognosis. She's fighting back and Alan Alda's Dr. Atticus Sherman will play a key role as she works to get in to a clinical trial. Hugh Dancy also joins as a fellow cancer patient to befriends her.
Parker Posey will guest star this season who buddies up with Adam (Gabriel Brasso).
And while her character's suicide may have left viewers wondering if Cathy's former neighbor Marlene (Phyllis Somerville) will return, she's not only back but better.
Check out the trailer below to see how the Jamisons handle Cathy's diagnosis.
Season 2 kicks off Monday at 10:30 on Showtime.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR