Showtime's 'The Big C' Adds Mamie Gummer for Season 3
The "Good Wife" actress will guest alongside Hamish Linklater as half of a couple who encounters Laura Linney's Cathy in the dark comedy.
The Big C is bringing on another familiar face for its third season.
On the heels of previously announced Allison Janney, Susan Sarandon, Victor Garber, Brian D’Arcy James and Hamish Linklater, Mamie Gummer is set to appear on Showtime's dark comedy, which returns April 8.
The network says the Off the Map and Good Wife actress will play half of a young couple (alongside Linklater) who give Laura Linney's Cathy an "unexpected" offer that might help her find more happiness in her life.
The series ended its second season with a cliffhanger: Paul (Oliver Platt) suffering a heart attack. It recently wrapped production on its 10-episode third run. The finale departed the Connecticut set for a location shoot in Puerto Rico.
Gummer recently landed the lead on The CW medical drama pilot First Cut. The series follows a new doctor who cannot shake her nerdy past at a hospital where the working environment very much resembles high school.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR