Showtime's 'The Big C' Adds Mamie Gummer for Season 3
The "Good Wife" actress will guest alongside Hamish Linklater as half of a couple who encounters Laura Linney's Cathy in the dark comedy.
The Big C is bringing on another familiar face for its third season.
On the heels of previously announced Allison Janney, Susan Sarandon, Victor Garber, Brian D’Arcy James and Hamish Linklater, Mamie Gummer is set to appear on Showtime's dark comedy, which returns April 8.
The network says the Off the Map and Good Wife actress will play half of a young couple (alongside Linklater) who give Laura Linney's Cathy an "unexpected" offer that might help her find more happiness in her life.
The series ended its second season with a cliffhanger: Paul (Oliver Platt) suffering a heart attack. It recently wrapped production on its 10-episode third run. The finale departed the Connecticut set for a location shoot in Puerto Rico.
Gummer recently landed the lead on The CW medical drama pilot First Cut. The series follows a new doctor who cannot shake her nerdy past at a hospital where the working environment very much resembles high school.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)