'The Big C' Season 3: There's No Time Like the Present (Exclusive Video)
In a first-look teaser for the upcoming season of the Showtime Laura Linney dramedy, Cathy receives some life-altering news.
The Big C will explore what the gift of time means to a woman battling cancer when season three of the Showtime dramedy returns.
In a first-look teaser exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, Laura Linney's Cathy learns that her clinical trial with Dr. Atticus Sherman (Alan Alda) has entered "unchartered territory," when she gets some welcome news.
Currently in production ahead of its April 8 premiere, The Big C creator Darlene Hunt told THR earlier this month that the third season will explore bargaining and what it means for a woman battling cancer who may get the gift of more time.
"Cathy's cancer prognosis last season, she was responding well to the clinical trial and that continues to be the case," she said. "We wanted to play with that idea of bargaining and bargaining for more time."
"How do you live knowing you're still living with cancer but I'm taking drugs that are working for the moment? How exactly do you live your life in that very precious state? How does she bargain hoping that she's going to beat the odds and get more time?" she added.
Season three picks up three weeks after the events of the cliffhanger finale with Cathy dealing with Paul's (Oliver Platt) heart attack. While it's unclear if Paul survived, Hunt confirmed that Platt will return.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws