'The Big C' First Look: Susan Sarandon Makes a Joyful Entrance (Exclusive Photos)
The Academy Award winner makes her first appearance as Joy Kleinmanin Episode 3 of the Showtime comedy's third season.
Laura Linney's Cathy will get a hand in her bid to find joy when cancer survivor Susan Sarandon's Joy Kleinman arrives to help her find a path to happiness on The Big C.
In the newly launched third season of the Showtime comedy, Cathy -- now that she's been given more time thanks to the wonders of a clinical trial -- is trying desperately to find what makes her happy when she enrolls in a seminar led by Sarandon's "joyologist," Joy.
"She's a combination of these women that are like, 'I'm always perfect and I can get through anything,' and who think they can give you control of your own universe," showrunner Jenny Bicks told The Hollywood Reporter. "Basically you can control whether you get sick or stay well."
"By going to this seminar, Cathy discovers that she hasn't really been in touch with what her joy is about and it sets her off on a journey for the season that will be very eye opening for everybody in terms of what joy means to her and how to be really happy," she says.
Check out a pair of photos, exclusive to THR, of Sarandon's first appearance on The Big C as well as a promo for her appearance, below.
Sarandon's arc begins April 22. How do you think she'll do as a "joyologist"? Hit the comments with your thoughts. The Big C airs Sundays at 9:30 p.m. on Showtime.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10