'Cougar Town's' Bill Lawrence Sells 'Undateable' Comedy to NBC
The "Scrubs" producer has sold a bromantic comedy about two very different guys who are bonded by their common inability to attract women, which will be penned by "Due Date's" Adam Sztykiel.
Bill Lawrence is entering into another relationship with NBC.
The Cougar Town creator has sold a script (plus penalty) for the multicamera comedy, Undateable. The half-hour effort is billed as a bromantic comedy about two very different guys who are bonded by their common inability to attract women. It is based on Ellen Rakieten and Anne Coyle 's book, Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won’t Be Dating or Having Sex.
Due Date scribe Adam Sztykiel will write as well as executive produce alongside Lawrence and Jeff Ingold. It is set up at Lawrence's Doozer in association with Warner Bros. Television, where he is under an overall deal.
This marks Lawrence's third sale of the development season. He has sold a comedy with Ali Wentworth to NBC and the half-hour effort I Suck at Girls to Fox. Both are based on books.
Lawrence, whose comedy Scrubs aired on NBC for the first seven of its nine seasons, is repped by ICM Partners, Shapiro/West and Morris York; Sztykel is repped by UTA, Kaplan/Perrone and McKuin Frankel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game