Bill Maher Asks Joe Biden to Make More 'Gaffes' After Gay Marriage Comments (Video)
The "Real Time" host would love if the Vice President began voicing support for other politically sensitive issues.
When Vice President Joe Biden endorsed gay marriage last Sunday on Meet the Press, it put into sharper focus President Obama's until-then reluctance to fully "evolve" on the issue. Ultimately, it mayhave led the president to announce his support for marriage equality -- a result which has given Bill Maher a clever idea.
“If we want historic change, we can either do it the president’s way, slowly, using cool, detached reason, or the vice president’s way, quickly using brainfarts," Maher suggested.
Already well-known for his free-wheeling verbal style, Biden, Maher said Friday on his HBO show Real Time, begin backing other taboo proposals.
"Oh Joe, would you please go on Meet the Press this week and say, 'Should marijuana be legalized? I'm high right now!" Maher proposed to applause. "Afghanistan? What a s--thole, let's get the f--k out now! Wall Street bankers? I can't believe we haven't hung any! Global Warming? That's a big f---king deal, my friend!"
Clip starts at 2:34
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game