Bill Maher Brings Ann Coulter, Chaz Bono Together (Video)
A calm response by Cher's son prevails over Coulter's declaration that believers in God don't go to psychiatrists.
Leave it to Bill Maher to bring the most disparate group of panelists together on Real Time With Bill Maher and emerge with a thoughtful discussion. Friday night's guests on the HBO talker represented a rainbow coalition of political ideologies: There was uber conservative commentator Ann Coulter, The Nation's D.C. editor Chris Hayes, royal historian Amanda Foreman and transgender advocate Chaz Bono.
Maher focused much of the discussion on himself including a nod to Dr. Keith Ablow who diagnosed Maher as insane and hostile towards women on Fox News, and said Bono was "delusional" for thinking he was a man.
This led to Coulter's declaration that she wouldn't go to a psychiatrist ever because "like Michele Bachmann, and Sarah Palin and everyone else you [Maher] despise, I do believe in God." To which Bono calmly replied, "Believing in God and psychiatry, how are those two things opposed to each other?"
Bono continued, "I've gotten great use of therapy and I also believe in God. I don't look at them at two mutually exclusive things. I need all the help I could get."
The panel also talked about The News of the World phone hacking scandal, Rebekah Brooks' now-tenuous position in the Murdoch media empire, and the American justice system as seen through the rubric of the Casey Anthony trial.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR