Bill O'Reilly Defends Bob Costas, Explains Karl Rove's Election Night Meltdown on 'Tonight Show' (Video)
The Fox News Channel personality also continues to weigh in on Psy -- who he believes has ripped off Chubby Checker -- and the Rhode Island governor's "holiday tree."
Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly touched on topics ranging from Bob Costas' recent gun-control comments to Karl Rove's Election Night meltdown to South Korean sensation Psy on Thursday's The Tonight Show.
Costas has taken some heat for his halftime essay during Sunday's Philadelphia Eagles-Dallas Cowboys game, during which he criticized America's "gun culture." His rant was spurred by Saturday's tragedy involving Kansas City Chiefs starting linebacker Jovan Belcher, who fatally shot his girlfriend before killing himself in front of his coach and GM.
O'Reilly defended Costas, who appeared on Wednesday night's The O'Reilly Factor, and his decision to make his remarks during Sunday's NFL game.
"It was a boring football game," he said. "If he wanted to liven it up, fine. And it was in context. ... It was a huge story, and he did exactly what he should have done."
Meanwhile, on Nov. 6, Election Night, Rove appeared on Fox News, where he refused to accept the network's decision to call Ohio for President Obama. He spent a good half-hour insisting there were too many outstanding votes to make any declarations in the presidential election.
O'Reilly on Thursday told Tonight Show host Jay Leno that Rove's so-called tantrum "was the only thing that kept me from falling asleep."
Attempting to explain the confrontation, O'Reilly added: "Rove is a numbers guy and thought Fox News called Ohio for the president too soon ... and started to break the desk and set things on fire."
Asked why Rove was so adamant that Fox News' decision desk was so wrong, O'Reilly said: "Because he wanted Romney to win."
O'Reilly also continued his own rant against Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee for his decision to call the statehouse Christmas tree a "holiday tree" and reiterated his previous argument that Psy's "Gangnam Style" dance is really just another version of Chubby Checker's The Pony.
"This is the pony -- remember Chubby Checker?" he asked the audience. "Chubby Checker should be suing this guy's butt."
He continued: "So this guy probably sees an old tape of Chubby and says, 'I'm Chubby. I'll do it too.' He makes a fortune."
The Tonight Show airs at 11:35 weeknights on NBC. Watch two clips from Thursday's show below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing