Billboard Music Awards Draws Biggest Audience Since 2003
ABC’s three-hour awards show averaged 7.9 million viewers on Sunday and topped NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" in the demo.
Sunday night's Billboard Music Awards, which featured two performances from Britney Spears, improved from its most-recent telecast in 2006 on Fox.
The three-hour awards show averaged 7.9 million total viewers from 8-11 p.m. on ABC, drawing a 2.9 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic, up 28 percent and 7 percent from the 2006 telecast respectively.
Though the Billboard Music Awards win the night in the ratings (Fox's Family Guy finale was Sunday's top-rated), it finished atop several demos, including adults 25-54, women 18-34 and women 18-49.
Most importantly, the awards show dominated the season finale of NBC's Celebrity Apprentice by 7 percent in the key 18-49 demo and by 76 percent in adults 18-34.
The awards show drew its biggest audience since 2003.
Justin Bieber was one of the big winners Sunday, taking home six awards, including digital artist of the year, top new artist and fan favorite. Eminem also dominated the night, taking home top artist, top male artist and top rap artist, among others.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR