'Black Sails': Watch the First Episode of Michael Bay's Starz Pirate Drama (Video)
The period drama starring Toby Stephens officially premieres Jan. 25.
A week before its series premiere, Starz has released the entire first episode of its new pirate drama Black Sails.
The eight-episode first season follows Captain Flint (Toby Stephens) and his men 20 years before the story of Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island takes place. Described as a brilliant and feared pirate captain, Flint takes on a fast-talking addition to his crew, John Silver (Luke Arnold). They fight for the survival of New Providence Island, an infamous criminal haven teeming with pirates, prostitutes, thieves and fortune seekers, a place defined by ideals and brutality.
Zach McGowan, Hannah New, Jessica Parker Kennedy and Clara Paget co-star.
Black Sails is executive produced by Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. Creator Jon Steinberg serves as showrunner as well as executive producer, with Robert Levine as co-executive producer.
The series, already renewed for a second season, hails from executive producer Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes shingle.
Black Sails will air Saturdays at 9 p.m. staring Jan. 25 on Starz. Watch the entire series premiere below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR