'Black Sails': Watch the First Episode of Michael Bay's Starz Pirate Drama (Video)
The period drama starring Toby Stephens officially premieres Jan. 25.
A week before its series premiere, Starz has released the entire first episode of its new pirate drama Black Sails.
The eight-episode first season follows Captain Flint (Toby Stephens) and his men 20 years before the story of Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island takes place. Described as a brilliant and feared pirate captain, Flint takes on a fast-talking addition to his crew, John Silver (Luke Arnold). They fight for the survival of New Providence Island, an infamous criminal haven teeming with pirates, prostitutes, thieves and fortune seekers, a place defined by ideals and brutality.
Zach McGowan, Hannah New, Jessica Parker Kennedy and Clara Paget co-star.
Black Sails is executive produced by Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. Creator Jon Steinberg serves as showrunner as well as executive producer, with Robert Levine as co-executive producer.
The series, already renewed for a second season, hails from executive producer Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes shingle.
Black Sails will air Saturdays at 9 p.m. staring Jan. 25 on Starz. Watch the entire series premiere below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)