'The Voice's' Blake Shelton Reschedules Tour Dates After Father's Death
The country singer has pushed back four dates on his "Well Lit & Amplified Tour."
Blake Shelton has rescheduled three dates on his national Well Lit & Amplified Tour after his father passed away on Tuesday evening.
"I appreciate your understanding during this difficult time,” Shelton, 35, says. “And thank you for all your prayers. Your support means the world to me. I love you guys."
Shelton’s father, Dick Shelton, was in declining health this past year, Shelton’s rep tells The Hollywood Reporter. He was surrounded by loved ones in Oklahoma. According to People, Dick was hospitalized for pneumonia in Early Dec.
As a result, the following dates have been rescheduled: Rapid City, S.D. (Jan. 19), Bismarck, N.D. (Jan. 20), Billings, Mont. (Jan. 21) and Bozeman, Mont. (Jan. 22).
Here are the new dates: Bismarck, ND (March 20), Rapid City, S.D. (March 21), Bozeman, Mont. (March 22), Billings, Mont. (March 23). The tour resumes in Columbus, Ga. on Jan. 26.
Shelton will hit 27 cities total on the tour. His opening acts include country singer Justin Moore and his mentee on NBC’s The Voice's first season, finalist Dia Frampton.
Shelton’s leave won’t affect production on NBC's reality singing competition as shooting wrapped in December and resumes when the live shows begin airing. It premieres Feb. 5 after the Super Bowl.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR